"That's not easy to find in a corporate world, somebody who cares about music." -Michael Penn
I get a lot of my music news and information from a lot of different places. One of the best places I know is Rolling Stone Magazine’s website, www.rollingstone.com. It’s got a lot of interesting content and a lot of different types of media. There are a bunch of different blogs on it as well, a few of them pertaining to the music industry. They have a lot of information about bigger bands as well as lesser known bands (who are on their way to getting big). I have a subscription to the magazine and a while ago I started hearing about Kings of Leon. I thought they might sound good so I downloaded some of the songs. Soon enough Rolling Stone started talking more and more about them, and now they have gotten to be a really big name band. Thus, I was able to watch and read through Rolling Stone as a little known band from Tennessee made it big. Another good thing that I love about Rolling Stone and Rollingstone.com is that the music they feature and talk about isn’t just from one genre. They talk about music from every genre, from Snoop Dogg to Johnny Cash to Joni Mitchell. This makes it a good read for not only rock lovers, but lovers of any type of music. It describes types of information like new albums coming out, what bands are going on tour, who’s in trouble with the law, how ticket sales are doing, reviews of new music, and much more. Also, every year they have countdowns like “Top 50 Songs of All Time” or “10 Hottest bands of the Year”. This is a good website, and I always discover new (and old) music to download from it. All in all, I would say that this is a good website to look up if you’re into the music world.
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment